Wednesday, April 7

Mail Box


I've gotten several messages with questions, and wanted to provide a new forum for my growing reader list. If you have ANY question, what so ever, please feel free to email me at: couponstephy @ gmail (dot) com . I don't provide a direct email link on my site to reduce spammers. Whether you have a deal alert, a question about either a specific deal or store, or just a general couponing question, please do not hesitate to email me! I will answer questions on an individual basis as I can, and each week I will pull a few reader questions and answer them on the blog! Now for my first round of questions:

1. How many newspapers do you buy?Generally speaking, I subscribe to my local newspaper and have a paper delivered every Wednesday and Sunday. Depending on how great the coupon inserts are in a particular week, I will purchase 2-3 more. Additionally I ask every neighbor, friend and relative I know whether or not they use their coupons! Our area has a "Essential Shopper" that comes out that has a few select ads in it as well as some of the coupon inserts. These are totally FREE and are randomly delivered. If I notice a neighbor doesn't tend to read these or collect them from the driveway, I simply ask them if they would mind if I picked it up for them and used the coupons! I'll talk to my husband's coworkers, church friends, you name it. There's no shame in the savings game!

2. I like getting samples and coupons, but I feel like my inbox gets bombarded with "junk". How do you handle this?I have a separately created email address that I ONLY use for my couponing obsession! I can login and check it as frequently (or infrequently) as I choose and my personal email account isn't overwhelmed by corporate emails. I recommend checking your couponing email at least every other day, however, because often times companies will release coupons for a limited time only. You don't want to miss the opportunity to score a great coupon because you didn't check your email!

3. Do you use a coupon for everything you buy? Oh how I wish I could say YES. I don't however. There are times when I even go C-R-A-Z-Y  and don't buy something on sale. For instance, there is a specific cheese my family loves to make Queso with. I've never ever ever seen a coupon for it. It's never been on sale. But we love all $3.24 of it! I'm always willing to try another brand with sales or coupons, but we always go back to this. The GREAT thing about couponing (okay, one of the great things) is that because you are constantly saving money buy matching sales and coupons, you're not really losing out by paying full price for the occasional item. If you're starting out with couponing, set a small goal. If you're used to saving nothing or an occasional dollar or two, set a goal of 10% on your first trip. The second trip shoot for 25%! It's all about having fun and saving BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment