Thursday, August 13

Welcome

Welcome to Coupon Stephy! After couponing for the past four years and spending the past year learning to perfect the art of saving money, I'm here to help you start saving as well! Here's a little bit about me and what you'll find on my site.

I'm a stay at home mother of two boys. I never imagined being a stay at home mom, but when I was pregnant with my first son I was extremely ill and had to stop working. The night he was born I took one look at him and knew that I couldn't leave him, and thus began my journey into the couponing world.

As a family of four, with an infant still in diapers, it's easy to let your grocery bill get out of control. Not in this house! We feed our family for less than $200 a month- $40 a week- including diapers!

I use coupons everywhere for everything. Before we leave the house to go on a trip the first thing I do is search for coupons for the locations I'll be in and look for as many discounts as I possibly can.

I've heard the critics who say that they don't have the time to coupon. We've all heard that age old saying "Time is money". Couponing and savings searching DOES take time, I will not lie to you. However, like I said, time is money. In couponing and hunting deals and bargains for no more than an hour a day, I'm able to save my family hundreds of dollars each month. Time is money. My husband works 40, 50, sometimes 60+ hours a week in order for me to stay at home with our children. I work 3-7 hours a week hunting deals, cutting coupons, printing coupons and going shopping. Our average grocery bill savings: 70% or more!

When I walk into a store and purchase $100 worth of groceries for $17, it's worth every minute I've spent. The money we've saved has allowed me to stay at home with our children and work our way out of debt!

Welcome to couponstephy! I hope you enjoy the ride!

1 comment: